The course provides the basic knowledge of practical skills at an entry level necessary to work effectively in a wide range of engineering environments. Students will study basic engineering and perform practical hand skills as well as welding, lathe operation and milling. It focuses on four main areas: Production, Mechanical, Engineering and Fabrication.
- Completion of a Certificate II
- Contributes to VCE with Units 1, 2, 3, and 4
- Eligible to gain a study score contributing towards your ATAR results
- Credit towards a VCAL certificate
- Gain valuable work skills in an industry work place
There are many career opportunities for students who have completed a VET Engineering Certificate.
- TAFE for certificate level courses
- University when combined with your VCE, degree and diploma courses available through most universities
There are no pre-requisites for VET Engineering first year. However, students must have a keen interest in the engineering industry and be supported by good literacy and numeracy levels with at least a pass at Year 9 level. Queries regarding any fees payable for this course should be directed to the VET Coordinator at your home school.