Automotive Certificate II gives training for the automotive industry and is aimed at making students work ready or equipped for further study. When students complete the full Year 11 and 12 course they will receive dual credits – both for VCE units (1, 2, 3 and 4) and VET. VCAL hour requirements are also met. Whether you are interested in a career in the motor industry or just want to learn about cars, you will enjoy this subject.
- Completion of a Certificate II
- Be ‘work ready’ for the Automotive industry
- A 10% increment towards their ATAR score on successful completion, or a credit towards a VCAL certificate
- Gain valuable Industry specific knowledge and work skills allowing further opportunities such as retail sales or apprenticeships such as panel beating, auto electrician, marine etc.
Career and employment opportunities in one of the largest industries, the industry employs more than 270,000 people with an annual turnover of over $80 Billion.
- TAFE for certificate level courses
- University when combined with your VCE, degree and diploma courses available through most universities
There are no pre-requisites for Automotive first year. Students must complete first year prior to enrolling in second year Automotive. Queries regarding any fees payable for this course should be directed to the VET Coordinator at your home school.